Art and Design
Essential Characteristics of an Artist:
To use language convincingly, for example, line, shape, pattern, colour, texture and form. To express feelings and develop their individuality.
- To be able to discuss what they see and feel.
- To be able to draw confidently from observation, memory or imagination.
- To be able to communicate powerfully through purposeful drawing in 2D, 3D or digital media.
- A deepening knowledge of other artists, craft makers and designers.
- To develop independence in being creative.
- The ability to select and use materials, processes and techniques skilfully.
- The ability to evaluate their own work and that of others.
- A passion and commitment to the subject.
Through Enquiry based sessions, children will have the opportunity to become immersed in their theme, using resources (including visits, visitors and community links), tasks and challenges to gather information and present what they have learnt.