- To be original and take creative risks to produce ideas.
- An excellent attitude to learning and independent working.
- The ability to work constructively and productively with others.
- The ability to ask questions to develop a knowledge of the users’ needs.
- To act like designers and makers, using materials carefully and safely.
- A thorough knowledge of which tools, equipment and materials to use to make their products.
- The ability to apply mathematical knowledge.
- Model designs using software.
- A passion for the subject.
Through Enquiry based sessions, children will have the opportunity to become immersed in their theme, using resources (including visits, visitors and community links), tasks and challenges to gather information and present what they have learnt.