By the time children leave our school our aim is to develop children to think like a historian, showing these essential characteristics:-
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of people, events and contexts from historical periods in the past
- To think critically about history and communicate ideas confidently.
- To use a range of sources and historical evidence to support their own views.
- The ability to think, reflect and discuss the past, formulating and refining lines of enquiry.
- A passion for history and an enthusiastic engagement in learning, which develops their curiosity about the past.
Through Enquiry based sessions, children will have the opportunity to become immersed in their theme, using resources (including visits, visitors and community links), tasks and challenges to gather information and present what they have learnt.