Essential Characteristics of Musicians:
- Children develop a widening repertoire that they use to create and perform their own work.
- Develop a musical understanding and a knowledge of music, which includes developing levels of technical expertise.
- An awareness and appreciation of different musical traditions and categories of music.
- An understanding of how the history of music and how its origins contribute to the diversity of musical styles.
- Developing the ability to give precise written and verbal explanations using musical terminology.
- An improved passion for a range of musical activities.
Through Enquiry based sessions, children will have the opportunity to become immersed in their theme, using resources (including visits, visitors and community links), tasks and challenges to gather information and present what they have learnt.