ESSENTIAL CHARACTERISTICS OF CHILDREN WITH EXCEPTIONAL PERSONAL DEVELOPEMENT
- We aim to equip our children with the strong knowledge, skills and attributes they need to manage their lives, now and in the future. We believe it helps children and young people to stay healthy and safe, while preparing them to make the most of life and eventually work.
- We aim to provide a safe space where children are able to take risks, express themselves freely and reflect on their own progress.
- Collaboration also underpins our ethos and is built in to encourage discussion and to develop the skills needed to grow into responsible, active citizens.
- Our school motto ‘Achieve, Believe, Create’ and our school values, Respect, Fairness, Responsibility, Resilience, Trust and Honesty reflect our core beliefs. Children understand these values and aspire to demonstrate them in age appropriate ways.
- Pride in themselves and their school provides a sense of collective belonging and promotes self-regulation and challenge. These will be delivered through these three core themes:
HEALTH AND WELLBEING
RELATIONSHIPS CORE THEME
LIVING IN THE WIDER WORLD
Pupils are given the opportunity to develop the ability and willingness to do the following eight things:-
Try new things
Not give up
Through Enquiry based sessions, children will have the opportunity to become immersed in their theme, using resources (including visits, visitors and community links), tasks and challenges to gather information and present what they have learnt.
Based upon the Chris Quigley Essentials Curriculum
Last year school was awarded the Bronze Rights Respecting Schools Award.