Parent Partnership Award
We are thrilled to tell you we have been awarded the Leading Parent Partnership Award. LPPA is a recognised national award that provides us with a valuable challenging framework within which schools can strengthen their partnerships and continue school improvement and also gives us recognition for our commitment to working with parents and carers.
The LPPA consists of ten evidence-based objectives, which schools must meet to get the award:
1. The school demonstrates a commitment to work towards the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
2. The school makes and implements effective plans to achieve and maintain the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
3. The school is a welcoming and friendly place for parents.
4. The school promotes an awareness of and participation in lifelong learning opportunities available in school and in the community to all groups of parents.
5. The school holds and actively promotes enrichment opportunities or events for joint parent/child participation.
6. The school provides good induction for all new parents.
7. The school provides parents with relevant and user-friendly guidance and information to help them support their children’s learning.
8. The school produces and implements parent friendly policies to establish effective home school-links and improve pupil/student attendance, punctuality, behaviour and progress and positive participation in school.
9. The school provides good support for transition for parents when their children leave the school.
10. The school evaluates performance against the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
So what is the award?
The LPPA is a nationally recognised award achievable by schools who work very closely with the families of their pupils. The assessment is made by an external advisor.
We are really pleased to share with you our report which highlights our strengths. Please take a moment to read.