Essential Characteristics of a Scientist
- The ability to think independently and raise questions
- To work scientifically and begin to develop scientific knowledge and skills
- To develop the confidence to explore practical skills. For example, planning and carrying out scientific investigations.
- Accumulate scientific knowledge and understanding which can be applied to challenging problems
- Discuss and report their findings
- To use their imagination and apply their growing knowledge
- To apply practical, scientific skills to outdoor learning
- To begin to develop a passion for science and its uses
Through Enquiry based sessions, children will have the opportunity to become immersed in their theme, using resources (including visits, visitors and community links), tasks and challenges to gather information and present what they have learnt.